Update 252: "Grand Arc" was released July 26, 2019. It was a major update which introduced a finite playing area bounded by Rift as well as conditions introduced to reset the map if players "fail" to survive. Updates 253 and 254 were minor updates which tweaked this dynamic.
Changes Made[edit | edit source]
- Property Fences can now be renewed even if they aren't rickety. This allows you to renew the whole perimeter at the same time, rather than having to wait for each section to become rickety. The renewed state is visually distinct and lasts 3 minutes. (v.252)
- Fixed the naming of one of the fence configurations (Rickety Fence -> Rickety Property Fence), and fixed some duplicate sprites. (v.252)
- Staking a Wild Gooseberry Bush no longer makes it domestic. (v.253)
- Chopping down Rubber Tree, Maple Tree, or Lombardy Poplar Tree now incurs a cost to the food bar. (v.254)
- Renewed Property Fence(Corner).jpg
Rift[edit | edit source]
The playing area is now bound by Rift, making resources finite (v.252). The conditions for the Rift-bounded area were tweaked, and by v.254 the following arrangement was reached. (See Jason's forum post for more details.)
- Failure condition: When the ratio between helpless babies and fertile mothers gets too high, the world resets.
- The bounded area was made 2x larger.
- Eves can now only spawn in the first two hours of a new run.
- The map seed is chosen randomly for each run.
- Donkey Town was fixed so that it is located outside of the limited area.
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Jason Rohrer, OHOL Forums, "Update: Grand Arc", 28 July 2019