|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Using[edit | edit source]
- Standing on a fire will influence a player's temperature.
- Use a Long Straight Shaft on a fire to get a Firebrand, which can light Ovens, Kilns and Forges. As well as starting a new fire by using on Kindling.
- A fire can be used to cook popcorn.
- Note: Cooking Skewered meat (such as rabbit, goose and Arctic Char) on a fire will result in burnt, inedible food. You must wait until the fire has reduced to hot coals to cook properly.
- Fire can be used to destroy Milkweed Seeds
- Using a knife on a fire will yield a Sterilized Knife, used for Medical Treatment.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- Use fire bow drill on long straight shaft
- Use a leaf and transfer the ember to Juniper Tinder.
- After 5 seconds add kindling to burning tinder to get fire.
- A fire can be rekindled from Hot Coals by adding Kindling or Bowl of Bagasse. It can also be made by using a firebrand on kindling.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- At all stages you must work quickly, as the ember will sizzle out after 10 seconds.
- Juniper Tinder and Leaf will decay after 2 minutes.
- Juniper Tinder is not the same thing as Pine Needles
- Use Stone Hatchet or steel axe on most wood to make kindling.
- Spent Tinder will disappear after 2 minutes.
- Burning Tinder can also be created by setting juniper tinder alight with a firebrand, however in this case you may as well set alight the kindling directly.
Large Slow Fire[edit | edit source]
A Large Slow Fire is made by putting either a butt log or firewood into a fire, or large fast fire. After 4 minutes it will turn back into a normal fire. It is the most efficient fire as it lasts the longest.
Note:It is more economical to use firewood, since butt logs are used to create various tools.
Large Fast Fire[edit | edit source]
A Large Fast Fire is made by putting kindling or Bowl of Bagasse onto a normal fire. After 1 minute, it will die down to a normal fire. It is far more efficient to use firewood to create a Large Slow Fire which lasts for 4 minutes.
Note: If firewood is not yet available, it is more efficient to wait until the fire dies down to hot coals before adding kindling.